Christian Slater, 1989.
Don’t act like you haven’t done this in class before
Vine by: Frank Thatguy Preston
The Record - Kurt Cobain talks about the songs on ‘Nevermind.’
Smells Like Teen Spirit: “My generation’s apathy. I’m disgusted with it. I’m disgusted with my own apathy too, for being spineless and not always standing up against racism, sexism, and all those other isms the counterculture has been whining about for years.”
In Bloom: “Reproduction.”
Come As You Are: “An old-fashioned love song coming down in three-part harmony.”
Breed: “Getting into Middle America. Marrying at age 18, getting pregnant, stuck with a baby - and not wanting it.”
Lithium: “People who are secluded for too long go insane and as a last resort they often use religion to keep alive. In the song, a guy’s lost his girl and his friends and he’s brooding. He’s decided to find God before he kills himself. It’s hard for me to understand the need for a vice like that but I can appreciate it too. People need vices.”
Territorial Pissings: “In the animal kingdom, the male will often piss in certain areas to claim his territory, and I see macho men reacting towards sex and power in the same way. I’d like to see these lost souls strung up by their balls with pages of scum manifesto stapled to their bodies.”
Drain You: “Almost all of the songs on the album are about love - or confusion, which usually is the result of love. Outcries of confusion about love and not understanding relationships, not just with your mate but with anybody, with yourself, with animals, etc.”
Lounge Act: “Love, problems.”
Stay Away: “Bitching and complaining.”
On A Plain: “Love again.”
Something In The Way: “Love - plain and simple.”
"I’d like to see these lost souls strung up by their balls with pages of scum manifesto stapled to their bodies.”
Kurt Cobain was the fucking realest.
GOTHIC RAINY DAY GIVEAWAY!
I’ve decided to celebrate reaching 1000 followers with a GIVEAWAY!
Any WITCH (person following me) can enter (since that’s the whole reason why we are celebrating). International entries are welcome.
Enter by reblogging this post as many times as you want. Each reblog counts as 1 chance. Everyone will have all their urls put into a hat and I will have one of my cats pick the winner on WEDNESDAY Dec 11 2013.
This Goth Survival Kit should get you though even the dreariest of rainy afternoons.
- Black Eyeliner Pencil
- 3 Black Nail Polish (also a VERY dark eggplant and a dark gray)
- Black Hair Dye (permanent)
- Dark Garnet Lip Gloss
- Very Dark Red (Hestia) Lipstick
- Lavender Candles (8 tea lights perfect for bath or ritual)
- Irish Witchcraft and Demonology (classical work by St. John Seymour)
- The Club Dumas (Satanic and Bibliophilic Detective Story)
- Dark Star: The Satanic Rites of Gilles de Rais (collection of literary romps on the topic of the serial killer and occult dabbler)
- Composition Notebook (for night time scrawlings)
- Kopioko (my favorite coffee and cream flavor hard candy)
- Rose Extract Lotion
- Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lipgloss Mini in Sparkle Rose
- Rimmel Cream Eye Shadow (aqua sparkle)
- Pedicure Wand (pumice, brush, file, metal grate)
this is my favorite line in the history of ahs